Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's in your promise?

A funny thing happened on the way to the office today.  A truck passed by me on the freeway, and the reason it caught my attention was because it was like a tanker truck, but it was small..... maybe about one half to one third the length of a regular tanker truck.  Since it had already caught my eye, I noticed an odd thing printed on the back. It said "Carrying Political Promises."  Just as I was trying to figure out what this could possibly mean, I noticed the smaller print just above that slogan, which read "Cornish-Burton Septic Service."  Well, I thought that was the funniest thing I had ever seen. 

But anytime I think of the word promise, I just can't help but think theologically.  That is, about God's promises to us, and those promises we make to God as well.  Let's just leave it at that.  Nuff said. 

So..... what's in your promise?

No comments:

Post a Comment