Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Divine Reminder

Well, Trisha always keeps me on my toes.  Thanks, Trisha......I think

Anyway, Friday's "inspirational thought" read as follows:  (Did you see it?)

My car has warning lights on the dashboard. Every once in a while when I am driving, one of them flashes bright red. When it does, I stop and turn the engine off. God has His own warning lights, and at times He flashes them, saying to us, "Stop, stop, don't, don't!" And if we're wise, we stop. We use the necessary, disciplines that keep our minds pure, and He does His part in honoring that obedience.

Such warnings are all around us, in the everyday parts of life that we often just IGNORE.  But, I want to take the inspirational message above just a bit further.  If some warning lights tell us to "Stop!  Stop!", then I also propose that other warning lights might be renamed "invitation" lights.  These lights, instead of staying "stop," would instead invite us to "GO!  GO!"   So...... if we are to heed the warning, or respond to the invitation, what am I to make of the invitation light in my Jeep that told me to "perform service?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment